Friday, November 04, 2005

OZARK'S NOT QUITE TOP 250 MOVIES: Part 1

As I reach the my top 100 this is my first post about some movies that didn't make my Top 250 but that I feel are worthy of a mention as somethings you shouldn't miss or a film that is just underrated.

I think I should start in the 80s.. the ultimate guilty pleasure decade. The decade of the teen drama-comedy as brought to you by John Hughes. Just his movies are enough to fill this post... films like Mr Mom, National Lampoon's Vacation, Weird Science, Pretty in Pink, Some Kind of Wonderful and Planes Trains and Automobiles.

But it's really the movies that could have been John Hughes movies that I want to really acknowledge:

Adventures in Babysitting (1987) - Elizabeth Shue is the babysitter you don't want to fuck with... or do you? And remember you can't leave until you sing the blues.
Real Genius (1985) - Val Kilmer is a college genius, no really he is. Funny stuff as him and his team of genius are trying to make a laser.
Three O'Clock High (1987) - This little known movie stars little known Casey Siemaszko as the loser kid who somehow gets challenged to a fight with the high school bully at 3 o'clock.
Better Off Dead... (1985) - John Cusack is Lane Meyer, he is pretty much a loser. He is trying to kill himself and keeps failing and finally gives up after meeting a exchange student from France. "I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS!!!!"
Licence to Drive (1988) - The best of the two Coreys movies.

There are many more out there... but is all I have for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home