Friday, October 21, 2005

SOCOM 3 - I'm lovin it.

Playing for a week and a half now.

Managed to get 16 ranked games in. Rated around 90,000 right now.

I understand the way ranking goes. It is all based on how many games you have played. You get your first bar and become Seaman Apprentice at 5 games.. and then Seaman (Which I am) at 15 games. I will try and find out more at a later date.

I just don't get the rating points system. It must be like the SOCOM 2 one. Based more on rounds won and lost than on kills of deaths. I have been consistantly getting more kills than deaths but I always end on a losing team. Actually the way it usually goes is:

I play great. Go 18-9. Team loses.
I play mediocore. Go 8-9. Team wins.
I NEVER suck. My wife wouldn't let me. How many guys out there can say they not only have there teammates bitching at you when you aren't playing but also your wife. Now I just have to get that second PS2 and another copy of SOCOM so I can teach her how to play.

Also I must say I am a fan of the credit card verification BS. In my opinion the games I have played in so far have been a lot more pleasant than they old stuff, where you would get some little 12 year old yelling swear words in my ear, calling people on the other team and our team gay. I have yet to come across an out and out TeamKiller. It's like Socom players all just grew up and are actually playing a bit more seriously.

Now if only the online folk at Partypoker.com who are in the playmoney tourneys would take them seriously you wouldn't get the idiots going all-in with pocket 8 and 5 on the first hand. Morons. I love busting those nuts with an opening Ace King.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats this about getting another ps2? :P and seriously... like I could ever learn how to play that game without looking at the controller to see where the buttons are that I need to press...

10:41 PM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Ozark said...

Don't fear young jedi apprentice you shall learn the ways of the force feedback controller...

6:59 AM, October 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home